Friday, 29 July 2011

David has a job

Yesterday Friday 28th July during a conversation between the manager, Cheryl and I, I learnt that the fill in cleaning guy for the toilet blocks, ensuites etc in the park was sick and the guy they put on to replace him did his training day yesterday and said he wasn't doing that job anymore.   So when I finished work David and I went to see the manager.  The job was for just the days that the other two cleaners have off each week.  So David worked with the main guy today to learn the ropes and see if he thought he could handle it ok.  It is just 3 days a week (Tues, Wed, Thurs).    So Tues. Wed. he will  clean 6 amenity blocks, 12 camp kitchens, personal ensuites on van sites when the people check out. Thurs. he will clean 5 amenity blocks, 10 camp kitchens and 2 pool amenity blocks.   Tues, Wed (which is what he did today as training) is 48 toilets, 48 showers, plus the amenity block floors, 42 hand basins, 24 laundry tubs, the 12 camp kitchens, plus who knows how many ensuites on vacated van sites. And that all has to be done in 5 - 6 hours!!!!!!!!    And he wonders why he has some sore muscles tonight!!!!!!    Wow what a job - my job is a breeze compared to his!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wooow..that does sound like hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll both be glad to leave Darwin so you can have a holiday!! :)

    ReplyDelete