The night we arrived in Broome just happened to be the last night of the Shinju Matsuri 'Festival of the Pearl' just on Cable Beach only a five minute walk from our van park with live music, food stalls and fireworks. So we headed off to the Festival, bought some indonesian food (which was yummy) then waited for the sunset, listened to the live music then watched the fireworks finale. I still love fireworks as much as I always have and there were some different ones with different colours I hadn't seen before so it was a great night.
Next day we walked around Chinatown and The Shell House. Next day we did some more driving around and found Gantheaume Point and the Lighthouse at the Point, the Japanese and Chinese cemeteries. That night we again walked down to Cable Beach to watch the sunset but it wasn't too exciting. I wait in expectation for a sunset that is a stunner (hope it happens one day).
The next day Wednesday we visited the Luggers Museum, Broome Wharf, shopped then went back to the van for a lazy afternoon as we planned to head south the next morning.
 |
| Above and Below - Cable Beach Sunset |
 |
| Above and Below - Gantheaume Point |
 |
| A very large whistling kite nest near the top of the lighthouse. |
 |
| The Broome jetty walkway - it was too high, shaky and too see-through for me so David went on his own - I went and paddled in the water instead!!! |
 |
| Above and Below - Chinatown - Broome |
Excellent blog post, Mum! Love the pictures at Gantheaume Point - the weather looks simply beautiful! I'm a little jealous! :P
ReplyDeleteI love the colour and shape of the rocks at Gantheaume Point!
ReplyDeleteAlso, the sunset looks quite pretty to me... but I suppose the stunner you're waiting for will need wisps of cloud so there's a lot more variety in the sunset colours and patterns?