Monday, 28 March 2011

The plan

Hi Friends and Family,

Welcome to our first blog post.   Blogging is a new experience for me just as being Grey Nomads is a new experience for us so don't expect great things from my blog posts.  We have been working on the "grey" part of it for so long (with very good results!!!!) I was beginning to wonder if the "nomad" part would ever happen.

For a few years now we have been working towards becoming "grey nomads", combining it with a "working holiday" to see more of this great country of ours.  So the blog title is a combination of being "aussies" (and proud of it) and cruisin' around the country in our land cruiser and caravan and because we haven't "been there, done that"  we are just "goin' there, doin' that!!!!


Working towards our goal took time and patience as we needed to sell our house at Woodgate Beach before we could leave but in the middle of 2010 we eventually had an unconditional contract on our Woodgate house with a moving date in 6 months time (13th December).   That's when the serious planning began to take shape and we could then start working towards the next step of buying a home on wheels and something to pull that home on wheels.

5 comments:

  1. Yay, congrats on getting your blog going! I look forward to reading it! Now I just have to get organised and start mine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes indeed, Rox. :) Great work, Mum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls, I would not have got this far with it all without your help Annaleise and Ben. Some things I can work out myself but other stuff is beyond me (I'm too grey to know the lingo!!!) Looking forward to reading your blog Rox (you better get organised)!!!! Mum

    ReplyDelete
  4. The main point, Mother Dear, is to speak up when you don't understand the lingo I'm using!! Also, Blogger is reasonably logical - if you think about what it says on the screen, you should generally be able to figure out what to do.

    And are you already discovering the little jolt of happiness it gives a blog author to discover that someone has left a comment? :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's when the word (reasonably) before the word logical isn't correct that the problem starts!!! Yes you're right about the comments - hope others will join in too - thank you.

    ReplyDelete